Are you in the UK and want to take a quick break from a hectic life??
You’re lucky because you don’t have to buy tickets to other countries to enjoy
Let me tell you about the best day trips in the UK right at your doorstep. Take a bag, grab your phone, and get ready to chill out. And don’t forget to book a train ticket in advance.
keep on reading and explore the most exciting and best day trip spots in the UK by train ride.
- Bath, somerset
1. Bath, Somerset:
- This city is just 90 minutes away from London.
- It is located in the southwest of England.
- Bath is famous for its Roman baths, wells, Bath Abbey, Royal crescent, and last but not least a Bath skyline, stunning views of the city are waiting for you. And I’m damn sure you can’t stop your hand from taking the picture for your Instagram.
- This is one of the best day trips in the UK by train ride.
- Brighton is just 60 minutes away from London by train ride. It’s the prettiest place to visit not only in summer but in winter as well.
- It is located on the south coast of England.
- Brighton is famous for its beach, huge pier, Royal Pavilion, British seafront, art gallery, museum, and top-notch fish.
- This is the best place if you want to take some fresh sea air.
I couldn’t stop myself to tell you about this stunning place.
- This city is not so far from you. York is just three hours away from you.
- It is located in the north of England
- York is famous for its cobbled narrow street. You will really love this unique shopping experience.
- There’s also a world-famous york minister, the york castle museum, and the national railway museum with life-sized mannequins and historic architecture.
- Make sure to enjoy the stunning views and ride service which takes you back to the sight of 10th-century York.
- It is a superb choice for a day trip.
- Cambridge town is just 50 minutes away from you by train ride from London. It’s a historic university town. It’s an ideal day trip.
- It is located in the east of England.
- Cambridge is famous for its historic architecture in the form of university buildings such as the Cambridge university botanic garden, the Fitzwilliam Museum, King’s College, and a massive range of antiquities and works of art. Also the river Cam (flowing through Cambridge)
The final place on the best day trip in the UK is so stunning.
- It is just two hours away from you by train ride from London. Stratford-upon-Avon is a medieval market town.
- It is located in the west of England.
- The birthplace of William Shakespeare and Bard.
- Stratford-upon-Avon is ideal for Anne Hathaway’s cottage, preserved Harvard house, and the Royal Shakespeare Company. Shakespeare’s birthplace.
- Oxford is commonly called “ The city of dreaming spires”.
- It is another great option for a day trip in Uk. Oxford is one of the oldest universities in the world. There are 38 colleges in Oxford.
- It is 60 minutes away from London by train.
- Oxford is famous as an iconic university. There are ancient and modern colleges, the Natural history museum, the Pitt Rivers Museum, and the Ashmolean, galleries, and libraries.
- There are a lot of shops, covered markets and bridges to see. You can roam around in the parks to relax. The landmarks are the Radcliff camera and the Bridge of Sighs. Make sure to visit the university church for a stunning view of Oxford.
- Don’t forget to visit River Cherwell for the amazing views of the grounds, university buildings, and the parks and meadows of the city.
So dear reader! what are you waiting for?? Here are the 6 best day trips in the UK by train ride. Each and every place is more stunning than the previous one. If you’re in the mood for history, beauty, and culture then these places are for you. There is always something for everyone from children to adults. So plan a day trip in Uk and explore any of these places to fill your bucket with memories and joy. There is a lot for you in the UK!!